MONOPOLY FUN FACT:
More than just a game – MONOPOLY was used by British Secret Service in WWII.
Terms and Conditions
2015 New Zealand National Monopoly Tournament Qualifier Competition
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
(Game of Skill)
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Hasbro New Zealand Ltd, of 221 Albany Highway, Albany ("Promoter") to promote Hasbro's MONOPOLY games.
- The Competition is being held to choose 21 eligible persons to participate in the 2015 New Zealand National Monopoly Tournament (the "New Zealand Tournament"), which will be held in New Zealand on Sunday 24 May 2015 in Auckland City. Other persons chosen by the Promoter will also participate in the New Zealand Tournament.
- The winner of the New Zealand Tournament will be invited to participate in the 2015 Monopoly World Championship, which will be held in Macau on 7-9 September 2015.
- The Competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part.
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who, at the time of entry:
- is a citizen and resident of New Zealand aged 18 years or older;
- is not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and
- is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
- Competition entry opens at 00:00 hrs on 4/4/15 and ends at 24:00 hrs on 18/4/15 ("Entry Period"). All times and dates are times and dates in New Zealand.
- An Eligible Entrant may submit no more than one entry.
- To submit their entry, an entrant must, during the Entry Period, use a compatible browser to visit www.monopolychamps.co.nz (the "Competition Website") and in the same on-line session, follow the directions there to:
- provide all the details required at the Competition Website, including the entrant's first and last names, postal address and e-mail address;
- complete a 20 question Monopoly Classic Edition quiz (1 answer for each question chosen from multiple answers provided). (Each question must be answered within 30 seconds and all 20 questions must be answered); and
- outline (in no more than 25 words) the entrant's winning strategy in the game of Monopoly Classic Edition (the "Strategy").
- All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any delivery service or equipment.
- All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification and confirmation by the Promoter. An entrant MUST deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including evidence of age, residence or identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter's request, an entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter's satisfaction; or (ii) fails to produce items as required by condition 11 or produces items that, in the Promoter's opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or (iii) in the Promoter's opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoter's opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions.
- No later than 17:00hrs on 27/4/15 the Promoter will, in each Qualifying Entry, judge the (i) effectiveness of the Strategy (90% weighting) and (ii) the clarity of expression of the Strategy (10% weighting), (the "Judging Criteria").
- A Qualifying Entry is one in which the entrant has correctly answered 16 or more of the quiz questions. The Promoter's decisions as to whether or not an answer is correct cannot be disputed.
- The twenty one Eligible Entrants whose Strategies are judged to be the best according to the Judging Criteria (more effectiveness & clarity is better) will be invited to participate in the New Zealand Tournament (each an "Invitee") (each invitation is a "Prize").
- If, in the judging, a Strategy that is judged to be one of the twenty one best Strategies according to the Judging Criteria, has been submitted by more than one Eligible Entrant, all the Eligible Entrants who submitted that Strategy will be invited to answer one, or more, further skill questions. The Eligible Entrant whose answer to that further skill question is judged to be the best according to the specified judging criteria for that question, will win a Prize.
- Participation in the New Zealand Tournament will be subject to the New Zealand Tournament Rules that will require compliance with various criteria, including standards of behaviour and dress, and consent to participation in certain promotional activities.
- An Invitee who agrees that they will comply with the New Zealand Tournament Rules and accepts their invitation, must pay all expenses associated with the Invitee attending the venue of the New Zealand Tournament, including all travel, food and accommodation expenses.
- If an Invitee declines their invitation, the Promoter may invite another Eligible Entrant who has submitted a Qualifying Entry to participate in the New Zealand Tournament.
- In order to be entitled to their Prize, each winner must, if requested by the Promoter, agree to and sign:
- an eligibility form confirming their compliance with the Conditions and eligibility to accept the Prize; and
- a liability release in favour of the Promoter and/or any person or other entity associated with this Competition.
- A winner will forfeit his/her Prize if he/she fails to ensure that all documents relating to that Prize are signed in accordance with this condition, as and when required by the Promoter.
- If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- A right to receive a Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition.
- All of the Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an entrant participating in the Competition. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an entrant's rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- Each winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the New Zealand Tournament, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products.
- Entrants' personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner(s) and, if an entrant consents, may be used to market its products to the entrant. The personal information of each winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including those organising the New Zealand Tournament. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at 221 Albany Highway, Albany, New Zealand to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a Prize.